The e-Government department is essentially to ensure proper conceptualization, design, acquisition and deployment of IT-driven applications/solutions across the Federal Government. Functional responsibilities are as follows:
• Facilitating the creation of a standard for e-Government adoption across FG
• Facilitate the Development of a national e-Government strategy and lay the foundation for long-term adoption of e-Governance in the country
• Responsible for leveraging ICT as a tool for efficient delivery of government services – Business process re-engineering & digitization of government services.
• Responsible for successful implementation of FMCT’s various e-Government projects.
• Responsible for ICT-related services across all of government – especially as it pertains to shared infrastructure/applications
• Oversight function (on behalf of the Ministry) on other e-Government projects being deployed by other MDAs to ensure proper alignment and saving for government.
• Supervision of Agencies under the ministry – NITDA & Galaxy Backbone Ltd.
• Responsible for any application/project that facilitates digital interaction (Internet and other online platform) between government and its “consumers” – citizens (G2C), businesses (G2B), government agencies (G2G) etc.
• Champion the adoption of ICTs (especially using the Internet and ‘new media’ platforms) as a tool for better governance.
• Responsible for Continuous improvement and optimization of e-Government services and platforms