PRESS AND PUBLIC RELATIONS UNIT
MANDATE AND VISION
The Mandate is “to lead the management of the image and reputation of the Ministry, people and Government of Nigeria through a professional and dynamic public information system that facilitates access by citizens and the global community to credible and timely information about our Ministry and Nation”.
The Vision is “to enable a dynamic and participatory public information system that fosters and sustains the overall growth and development of the Ministry country and its people”.
Functions of the unit include the following:
- Strategic Communication of Government policies and programmes.
- Provision of Policy and Administrative Services for the creation of efficient, effective, reliable and adequate information as a means of promoting the Ministry, political, socio-economic and cultural development of Nigeria.
- Building a Positive National Image and Promoting National Consciousness.
- Encouraging and moving the Ministry and Nigeria into the 21st Century in efficient Information delivery.
- Gathering, processing, packaging and dissemination of information to the people of Nigeria and beyond.
- Designs and promote special campaign to promote and publicise the Ministry’s activities.