As part of the its ICT Gender mainstreaming initiatives, , the Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy is organizing its National ICT Girls Empowerment Competition with the theme “ICT Innovation for Inclusion in a Digital Economy”. The Competition is in stages and the final stage will feature six (6) finalists who will be evaluated to select the best three (3) schools which will be awarded cash prizes.
GUIDELINE FOR THE COMPETITION
A team of three (3) girls each in any secondary school in Nigeria to come up with solutions to pressing challenges in their communities addressing Inclusion and Diversity in a Digital Economy. The Girls should be between 13 - 18 years old.
Entries should give a detailed description of a proposal, project or idea on what your team can do using ICT to profer solutions that will address Inclusion and Diversity Challenges in a Digital Economy.
Submissions should be:
- A not more that 5-page detailed proposal in Microsoft word document between 500 to 1200 words on template downloadable from digitalgirls.org.ng; and
- Power Point Presentation of not more than 15 slides.
- Entries should be clearly marked and labelled with Name of student(s)/school and endorsed by the school Principal; and
- Participants in this competition must be ready to demonstrate ownership of the proposal when called upon to do so.
Entry submission portal:
Entries are to be submitted online at: www.digitalgirls.org.ng
Participants are advised to check the portal from time to time. Only submissions through the portal will be considered.
- The best three (3) submission from the six (6) Geo-political Zones will be selected from the entries received and they will be invited to Abuja for a Workshop, at no cost to the contestants; and
- The best six (6) participants at the Workshop will be selected for the Final Stage and the best three (3) will be presented Prizes as follows.
1st Prize: N500, 000 (Five hundred thousand naira)
2nd Prize: N300, 000 (Three hundred thousand naira)
3rd Prize: N200, 000 (Two hundred thousand naira)
- Prizes will only be awarded to support the innovations or ideas in the winning submissions.
- Due to the volume of entries that this competition will attract, only successful entries will be contacted for the next stage of the Competition.
Entries will be received from Monday, 18th November, 2019 to Tuesday, 31st December, 2019.
Shortlisted entries from the six (6) geopolitical zones will be invited to Abuja for a Workshop and Prizes will be awarded to winners afterwards. Dates will be communicated in due course.